Dedicated to simple decor ideas - especially in white! - inspiration for living simply,
reusing what you have, and scouring for vintage or thrifted finds. Some of my own DIY projects described here too.


Monday, April 13, 2009

My kitchen







This past winter began the spur to decorate. It was dark outside. My kitchen was dark, save the neon lighting. I felt like I was in a cave most of the day (as I spend so much time in here preparing food for two small children destined to be over 6" like their father).

I needed to give my kitchen light, interest, life, and personality. I chose a daylight, found on Craig's list to give me a much needed shot of sunlight here on the West Coast. I fashioned the light into a window, and added shelves below as a window ledge. The lamp certainly gave me a boost of energy - and took the glum, cave-like feel out of the kitchen. I chose accessories for interest, texture, and above all, white and glass for more light. Now I enjoy my kitchen more.

No comments:

Post a Comment